Engaging with local customers is always one of the top questions of many business owners. Often times, you’ll host events at your brick and mortar shop or promote yourself within the community to gain local exposure. But when 71% of potential customers search on Google for a local business, you have to expand your reach!
For this reason, local businesses need to be aware of what Local SEO is and why it matters for their growth.
Why Should You Have A Local SEO Strategy?
Having a strong local SEO strategy will directly impact traffic to your website, and subsequently, increase potential leads. Local SEO is all about ensuring your SEO strategy encompasses your geographic location and brings your business to a potential customer, the second they’re searching for you.
Think about when you search for “vintage clothing near me”. If you own a vintage clothing store in the same geographical area as the searcher, you definitely want to be in what’s called the “snack pack” or at the top of the proceeding organic results.
But how do you get there?
Here are 5 ways to improve your local SEO, further ensuring your customers will find you:
- Local on-page optimization (Making sure your website content is optimized for local search)
- Localized content (Is your content relevant to your location?)
- Google My Business optimization
- Build local citations (Apple Maps, Yelp, Bing, Review Sites, etc.)
- Local link-building (Connecting to local assets through content)