LinkedIn is the largest professional networking website available globally. It allows startup founders not only to connect with other like-minded people but also to perform extensive research useful for lead generation, business intelligence, sales, among other activities. Startup founders can also use it to improve their professional image.
What Is It?
It’s a networking website. A little bit like Facebook, but focused on business. Startup founders can use LinkedIn to improve company activities and business. Some example of its use are:
- Lead Generation: Most of the decision makers are on Linkedin regardless of the industry you are in
- Business Intelligence: Most of the companies active globally have a LinkedIn profile, which allows you to gather a broader understanding of the company activity
- Sales: Startup founders can connect or message directly sales leads
- Personal Branding: LinkedIn offers the possibility to submit blog posts as well as being part of several groups where you can share your opinion and build on your personal branding
- Hiring: Similar to lead generation, LinkedIn can also be used to look for talents
Is It Free?
Yes, it is free to use. However, to make the most out of it, especially if startup founders want to use it for lead generation, hiring or sales, the premium offering is a better fit.